Following a break of a few years our friends at Buxton Film are re-launching Buxton Shorts, an annual short film exhibition open to film makers and this year we are excited to be partnering with them.
This year's exhibition is aimed at film-makers with a connection to the Peak District. If you are a budding film-maker or you may know someone who is then we'd love to hear from you. Selected films will be screened during the Buxton Festival Fringe in July 2023. Laurels will be awarded to winning, commended and selected entries. The judging panel will be announced in due course and cash prizes will be awarded to winning entries.
Register your intention to submit here by Saturday 15 April 2023. Films with completed entry forms and payment must be submitted by Tuesday 30 May 2023.
- You may submit a maximum of three titles.
- Entrants should have a connection with the High Peak. This might be that you (or your production team member) or close relatives live here or you may have an historical association with the area.
- The entry fee for each film submitted is £10 and is payable at the time of submitting the film(s).
- Films must have a maximum run time of 12.5 minutes although shorter films are recommended
- Films format should be mp4. Other formats may be acceptable – contact us.
- Entries must be accompanied by a completed entry form for each film submitted. You can do this online or request a pdf version – use the Intention to Submit form below to request this.
- Judging will be based on these aspects: originality, structure, pacing, screenplay, cinematography, soundtrack etc.
- Winning entries will receive cash prizes.
- Selected entries will be notified and shown at a special screening at the Buxton Festival Fringe 2023 in July and appropriate laurels awarded. Requests for complimentary tickets will be limited to 3 for each film screened.
- You can pre-register your intention to submit for free using the form below – This registration will be taken as consent for us to contact you with further information in due course – your details will not be used for any other purpose.
When you are ready to submit your entry please complete the full entry form on the Buxton Film website.