Find out why Buxton Opera House is great place to visit when you're in a group.
- 1.Group discounts - As part of a bigger group we can offer group discounts on many shows; these are highlighted on our events listing on the website.
- 2.Pre-ordering interval drinks- Our beautiful Matcham designed theatre does have quite small bar areas, however if you’re in a group you can beat the queues by pre-ordering your drinks. Refreshments may also be available at a discounted price.
- 3.Free teacher places for school groups- Some school group bookings have free teachers’ places available.
- 4.Coach drop off right outside- while there is no on-site parking, coaches can drop off right outside the Opera House.
- 5.We don’t just do opera- We shave a huge variety of shows on stage. With comedy, music, drama and family shows there’s always something to see.
- 6.Beautiful Buxton- Buxton is a beautiful spa town with many sites to see. The Pavilion Gardens is a beautiful place for a stroll in 23 acres of stunning gardens. The Devonshire Dome which has housed horses, a hospital and is now home to the University Derby is an astounding space. The Crescent & Spa is undergoing a huge refurbishment which will restore this stunning building to its former glory. Find out more at https://www.visitbuxton.co.uk/
- 7.Festival and Fringe- July finds Buxton Opera House and indeed the whole of Buxton taken over by Buxton International Festival and Buxton Festival Fringe. The Festival present a programme packed full of opera, music and literary talks, while the Fringe brings comedy, dance and street theatre. The festival atmosphere is infectious and best enjoyed when in a large group.
- 8.Back stage tour- Learn more about the history of the Frank Matcham designed building. With our Back Stage Pass Tour your group can take a peek behind the scenes and discover the secrets of the opera house.
- 9.A magical pantomime- Our annual pantomime always fills audiences with the Christmas spirit. A firm family favourite which never fails to entertain and with group of 10 of more getting money off there’s no reason not to come and join the fun. Join us for this years enchanting rags to riches tale, Cinderella. Here 12 Dec - 1 Jan 2020.
- 10.Most Welcoming Theatre - We have been voted the most welcoming theatre in the East Midlands three times. Our friendly staff and volunteers help make your visit to Buxton Opera House a very special experience.
To buy tickets and find out more contact Buxton Opera House Box Office, Tel: 01298 72190 or visit: www.buxtonoperahouse.org.uk