As you will no doubt be aware, Buxton like the rest of the UK, will be subject to an extreme weather warning for hot weather over the coming days (Sunday 17th July to Tuesday 19th July inclusive).
Our number one priority as a theatre is protecting your safety, as well as that of our members of staff and volunteers and, as ever, we want to do everything that we can to ensure that your trip to Buxton Opera House is as safe, comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
We can confirm that throughout the aforementioned period, no shows will be being cancelled*, but we have taken a number of steps to protect the welfare of audiences, staff and volunteers:
- Iced water on the bars that will be available prior to entering the auditorium;
- The air conditioning will be on from early morning to chill the auditorium through the day;
- Please wear summer clothing, there is no official dress codes for matinee or evening performances;
- There may be a delay on public transport so please allow extra time on your journey;
- Please ensure that you stay hydrated throughout the day , please remember to eat – in hot weather, people often skip meals;
- Keep an eye on our website for regular updates.
It is important that should you start to feel unwell at any point during your visit you notify a member of Buxton Opera House staff who will supervise immediately.
We wish you a pleasant trip and look forward to seeing you soon!
*This position is subject to review based on advice from HM Government